Thoughts from the (un)Perfect Mother

As my mother shouted to me, "I HOPE YOU HAVE DAUGHTERS WHO ARE JUST. LIKE. YOU!" I never dreamed that it would become my reality.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The store

Somehow, my children managed to find their way to the small movie rental section of the store. I do not know how this happened; all I do know, is what happened after that.

"MOOOMMMM!!!! THEY HAVE CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN 2!!!!!!! CAN WE RENT IT? PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE PLEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

I said, sure. I mean, why not? i liked the first one, I was sure to enjoy the second one, and sure was cheaper than bringing them to see Ice Age 2 that night, (which I had not told them I was going to do)

Well, then the chasing and shouting through the store started.

"MOOOOMMMM MAKE HER STOP CHASING ME!"

"MOOOMMM TELL HER TO LET MEEEEE HOLD THE MOOBBIE!"

"MOOOMMMM SHE WONT LEAVE ME ALONE!"

So, we quickly got the movie, and left for home.

Where, I had to make not ONE, but TWO bags of popcorn because they thought it was gross to share a bag, because, "WHO KNOWS WHERE HER HANDS HAVE BEEN?" Then a third bag, because they werent too sure about where MY hands had been, either.

And of course, the pauses. They were so excitied, they had to use the potty what seemed to be every 5 seconds.

So, after 3 and half hours, we finally finished watching the movie.

My 7 year old looked up at me and said,

"Mom, you need to have about 10 more kids so we can have a family like THAT!"

and my 4 year old?

"As long as I can keep my own room, ok, mommy?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm not unappreciative of my life as you commented on the other blog. Quite the opposite. My children mean the world to me. And I don't complain endlessly on a blog about them. Clearly you mothers have a hard time handling your typical kids. Very impressive.

6:15 AM  
Blogger The(un)PerfectMother said...

And where have I complained about "handling" my "typical" children? Or shown that I can not handle my "typical" children? And how, in fact, do you KNOW that hey are "typical"? Better yet, what is the "typical" child?
If our mothering abilities impress you show much, maybe you should, you know, stop reading. No one is forcing you to read the trials and tribulations of mothers with "typical" children.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home